30 Days with Teresa of Avila
Days 15 and 16 Reflections
Obedience in the modern culture, and enduring loneliness. Dan and Melissa discuss these forms of suffering from the perspective of St. Teresa as they reflect on her letters from the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Categories of suffering – beneficial vs. destructive.
- How is obedience related to humility, and why are they both necessary?
- Resist, embrace, pursue – Three steps to spiritual growth through suffering.
- Do you feel lonely or isolated from others due to your faith?
- Can the pain of loneliness be good for us?
- Finding peace and happiness in our loneliness.
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles
- The Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation – http://avila-institute.org
- About Dr. Anthony Lilles
- The Collected Works of St. Teresa of Avila, Volume One – contains The Book of Her Life
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729 — please leave your name, location, and question.
- Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life.