How did the Catholic Church heal this divide?
What brought a loving Protestant couple’s marriage to ruins and how did the Catholic Church heal this divide? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson in part one of their interview with Dr. David Anders about his book, The Catholic Church Saved My Marriage.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What converted David from a staunch Protestant background to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic Church?
- What were some of the lies Dr. Anders believed about Catholicism?
- Why was Dr. Anders’ conversion so difficult for him?
- What happened during their marriage to bring about such feelings of animosity towards each other?
- How did the Catholic Church heal the marriage?
- Is there any marriage preparation in modern Protestantism to help prepare the couple for the challenges they may face in their lives as husband and wife?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- The Catholic Church Saved My Marriage by Dr. David Anders
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: