Description: This week Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles discuss St. Thérèse’s meaning of true joy and justice in the eyes of God, and the source of our merits.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What does St. Thérèse mean when she says that she does not want to “lay up merits for heaven”?
- Is there a difference between happiness and joy?
- Can we console the heart of Christ?
- Why does St. Thérèse say that all of our justice is stained in God’s eyes?
- Christ is the source of all merit.
- Little, imperfect acts of love are amplified by Jesus’ merits, love and grace. So, by doing these little acts of love we are creating space for God to do something beautiful in our lives.
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. — please leave your name, location, and question.
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show: