Peace During Persecution:
30 Days with Teresa of Avila:
Reflections on Day 18
In today’s episode of Divine Intimacy Radio, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson look at how a saint responds to persecution? Recognizing aspects of a saint’s character. St. Teresa’s letters reveal aspects of her personal character, but also some of the secrets to sainthood. Reflections on Day 18 from the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Do your emotions drive you toward God or away from him?
- Avoiding the victim mentality.
- How to obtain the grace to hold up under persecution.
- Holiness through obedience, humility, and docility to the Church.
- How can we feel peace in the face of repression or persecution?
- What does the enemy have to do with a lack of obedience?
- What the saints know about what God wants from us.
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles
- The Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation – http://avila-institute.org
- About Dr. Anthony Lilles
- The Collected Works of St. Teresa of Avila, Volume One – contains The Book of Her Life
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location and question(s).
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: