Practical Benefits of Prayer:
30 Days with Teresa of Avila
Day 17 Reflections
Join Dan and Melissa as they reflect on letters from St. Teresa from the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila. Today’s letter reveals some of the Saint’s personal tragedies and how she deals with them.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How suffering allows us to more fully experience joy.
- What is the relationship between contrast and clarity in the spiritual life?
- What does it mean to be a contemplative?
- Does detachment mean a lack of emotion?
- Some practical benefits of prayer and the contemplative life.
- How prayer can give us the tools to function effectively in everyday life.
- Making time for adoration.
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles
- EWTN Religious Catalog – online
- http://divineprovidence.org – Marian Servants of Our Lady of Divine Providence House of Prayer
- About Dr. Anthony Lilles
- Revelation 21:4 – USCCB Bible link
- 1 Corinthians 13:12 – USCCB Bible link
- Romans, Chapter 8:18 – USCCB Bible link
- James 4:8 – USCCB Bible link
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729 — please leave your name, location, and question.
- Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life.