Join Dan and Stephanie Burke as they answer your questions about prayer, distractions at Mass, conversation with God, spiritual gluttony and the timeline of spiritual progress.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What does “let us bless the Lord” mean the Liturgy of the Hours?
- What should we do when we are distracted at Mass after receiving Holy Communion?
- St. Teresa of Avila says prayer is the dialogue of the soul with God or conversation with God. How is this dialogue supposed to happen if both St. Teresa and St. John of the cross discourage people from paying too much attention to inner locutions?
- What is spiritual gluttony and how does it affect our spiritual life?
- In what order to the different “nights” take place in the spiritual life? For instance, when does the “night of sense” take place, during the purgative, illuminative or unitive stage?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- The Ascent of Mount Carmel by St. John of the Cross
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: