Did Catholics manipulate the Ten Commandments or invent new sacraments? Join Dan Burke in part two of his interview with Dr. Gerard Verschuuren about his book Forty Anti-Catholic Lies to debunk these myths.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What is Luther’s doctrine of sola scriptura (Scripture alone) and why don’t Catholic subscribe to that belief?
- Why do non-Catholics believe that Catholics manipulated the Ten Commandments?
- Did Catholics invent new sacraments?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Forty Anti-Catholic Lies by Dr. Gerard Verschuuren
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please kindly leave your name, your location, and your question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.