How can we truly hear and understand the Word of God at Mass? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Christopher Carstens to discuss the most effective way to listen to the readings during the Liturgy of the Word.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What does it mean to hear the readings at Mass?
- What is the sacramental principle?
- St. Benedict proposes that we listen to the Word of God with the “ears of our heart”. What does this mean?
- What does it mean to be “logos-ized”?
- How can we properly prepare for the readings during the Mass when there is only a short period of time to do so?
- What is “lectio divina” and how can we properly apply it to better prepare ourselves for the Mass readings?
- What are the steps of “lectio divina”?
- Why is the Liturgy of the Word important and how does it prepare us for the Liturgy of the Eucharist?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- A Devotional Journey into the Mass by Christopher Carstens
- Adoremus Bulletin
- The Liturgy Guys – podcast
- “The Avila Summit” Information and Registration
- 1 Corinthians 11:27 – USCCB Bible Link
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace through Prayer by Dan Burke
- The Better Part by Fr. John Bartunek
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: