Description: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they answer your questions about the best methods of prayer, about aridity, and the examen prayer.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- If there is limited time for silent prayer each day, what is the best way to pray during that time (Lectio Divina, spiritual reading, rosary, etc.)?
- What is aridity?
- How should one pray while experiencing aridity in the spiritual life?
- Why does Dan use the examen prayer three times a day?
- Are the morning, afternoon, and evening examen prayers similar?
- Is the focus of the examen on sin?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- How to Read Your Way to Heaven by Vicki Burbach
- Navigating the Interior Life by Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: