The Prayer of Women
Description: Today, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson speak with Kathleen Beckman about her book When Women Pray and discuss the prayer practices and effects of prayer on the lives of eleven, well-known Catholic women.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Which women were chosen to contribute to the book and why?
- Is there a difference between the way men and women pray?
- What is spiritual motherhood?
- How can a busy mother develop a strong prayer life?
- How does liturgical prayer help one’s prayer life?
- What effect does prayer have on one’s physical and mental health?
- How are liturgical prayer and mental prayer connected?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- When Women Pray by Kathleen Beckman
- Praying for Priests by Kathleen Beckman
- www.foundationforpriests.org – Foundation of Prayer for Priests website
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: