Discernment, Holiness and God’s Voice
Description: Today, Dan and Melissa take your questions on establishing a consistent prayer time, discerning God’s voice in prayer and growing in holiness.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- In a world filled with noise and distractions, how is it possible to slow down and spend time listening for God’s voice?
- Regular prayer is essential for our salvation.
- We need sacred time, space and attention.
- Is it possible for holiness and peace to increase in your soul without realizing it right away?
- How do we know where thoughts or inspirations come from during prayer?
How can the Discernment of Spirits by St. Ignatius of Loyola help to differentiate between holy thoughts or inspirations and those that come from the world, the flesh or the devil?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Discernment of Spirits by Fr. Timothy Gallagher, O.M.V.
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: