Description: This week Dan and Melissa dissect Melissa’s prayer experience with the Parable of the Prodigal Son and apply it to the steps of discovery prayer, focusing on step two of discovery prayer: reflection.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Saint Peter cast his net out into the deep when instructed by Jesus and was abundantly blessed. The same is true for our prayer lives. We must have the same faith and trust in God to cast our own nets out into the deep and He will bless us abundantly.
- Step two of discovery prayer is reflecting. What does this mean? What are some examples of this practice?
- Dan guides Melissa through an examination of her own personal prayer experience with the Parable of the Prodigal Son.
- How does reflection aid the faithful in their desire to know and love God?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Luke 15:11-32 – The Parable of the Prodigal Son (USCCB Bible link)
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: