30 Days with Teresa of Avila
Part 2, Day 27 Reflections
Divine Intimacy Radio
St. Teresa orders her brother, Lorenzo, to get some sleep. She also counsels him on how to deal with attacks of the enemy. Dan and Melissa discuss evil spirits and demonic activity as they reflect on letters from St. Teresa in the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How do we know when prayer is a mystical gift from God?
- How are mystical graces, gifts from God, related to holiness?
- Was St. Teresa physically attacked by the devil?
- Some examples of other saints who have confronted the devil.
- Is the devil still active today, or are there psychological answers to problems thought to be demonic?
- What is the power of the devil?
- How does the devil attack people who are spiritually advanced?
- How can we defend ourselves from evil?
- Can occult practices lead to demonic activity?
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles
- Divine Intimacy Radio on spiritualdirection.com website
- Dr. Anthony Lilles
- 30 Days w/Teresa of Avila – Day 27, Part 1
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – Online
- Avila Institute – link
- Saints Who Confronted the Devil – Praesidium of Warriors of St. Michael website
- Hebrews 12:1 – “…so great a cloud of witnesses…” USCCB bible link
- Nostra Aetate – Declaration on the Relation of the Church to Non-Christian Religions from the Second Vatican Council
- Philippians 2:10 – “…at the name of Jesus every knee should bend…”
- The Interior Castle Study Edition
- Fr. Fortea – series of articles on spiritualdirection.com
- Summa Daemoniaca – Fr. José Antonio Fortea (in Spanish; not yet available in English)
- Interview with an Exorcist – Fr. José Antonio Fortea
- Unbound: A Practical Guide to Deliverance – Neal Lozano
- To send questions about the 2016 Pilgrimage to Avila, click here: Questions@myavila.com
- Pilgrimage 2016 to Avila with Dan Burke and Teresa Tomeo
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: