30 Days with Teresa of Avila
Reflections on Days 1 and 2
Dan and Melissa discuss detachment and suffering by reflecting on the first two letters from St. Teresa in the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Attachments: How to recognize them. Are they bad?
- What are the steps to achieving detachment?
- How can we obtain freedom and peace through detachment?
- Dan shares his story of how interior peace and freedom are helping him through a time of personal suffering.
- St. John of the Cross reveals how suffering and detachment are related.
- Using periods of consolation to rest and prepare for desolation, from St. Ignatius’ Rules for Discernment.
- Book of Revelation: When will suffering end?
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles, Emmaus Road Publishing
- Dr. Anthony Lilles – https://spiritualdirection.com/author/dr-lilles
- SpiritualDirection.com Book Club
- EWTN Religious Catalog – http://www.ewtnreligiouscatalogue.com
- The Living Flame of Love – St. John of the Cross
- The Discernment of Spirits – An Ignatian Guide to Everyday Living by Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- Revelation 21 – http://www.usccb.org/bible/revelation/21
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729 — please leave your name, location and question.
Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life.