How does one of the Catholic Church’s greatest philosophical thinkers optimize his intellect? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Dr. Kevin Vost about his book, How to Think Like Aquinas to find out.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- How is Dr. Vost trying to reinvigorate the writings and thinking of St. Thomas Aquinas?
- How did St. Thomas Aquinas bring Dr. Vost to convert from Atheism to Catholicism?
- How has St. Thomas helped Dr. Vost better understand human psychology?
- Why is St. Thomas Aquinas referred to as the Angelic Doctor?
- Was the book intended to address memory issues or for other reasons?
- What is the significance of St. Thomas’s letter to Brother John?
- How does St. Thomas address falsehoods in modern thinking?
- Why should we think like Aquinas as opposed to other philosophical thinkers?
- What are the most common, logical fallacies of our time and how can we combat them?
- Why does St. Thomas promote prayer when discussing better thinking techniques and practices?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- How to Think LikeAquinas by Dr. Kevin Vost
- The Seven Deadly Sins by Dr. Kevin Vost
- The One Minute Aquinas by Dr. Kevin Vost
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: