Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Allen Smith about his book, The Cries of Jesus from the Cross for insight into the life and works of Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What inspired Al to compile these particular writings of Archbishop Sheen?
- Why are the writings of Archbishop Sheen important in our current time?
- Is there any update on the cause of Archbishop Sheen’s canonization?
- Why is the structure of the book important?
- In what ways can the text be used?
- What is the significance of removing the cross from the sight of the world?
- How is the family being attacked in current times?
- How important was prayer to Archbishop Sheen?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- The Cries of Jesus from the Cross by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, Edited by Allan Smith
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: