Forty Anti-Catholic Lies Part 6
Why do Catholics focus so much on the crucifixion instead of the resurrection? Why do they claim to eat Jesus’ body and drink His blood during the Mass? Join Melissa Elson in part six of a series of interviews with Dr. Gerard Verschuuren about his book, Forty Anti-Catholic Lies, to shed light on these questions about the Faith.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Why do Catholics “wallow” in Christ’s passion instead of focusing more on His resurrection?
- Why is suffering an important concept to embrace as a believer of Christ?
- How can the bitterness of Christ’s passion and death help us perceive the resurrection as being even more glorious?
- What is Jesus’ message about suffering?
- What message does Jesus reveal to us through His passion?
- Do Catholics really eat the body and blood of Jesus?
- Should Catholics be considered cannibals?
- What is transubstantiation?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Forty Anti-Catholic Lies by Dr. Gerard Verschuuren
- Catechism of the Catholic Church, Paragraph 616 – Christ’s passion
- Catechism of the Catholic Church, Paragraph 1376 – Transubstantiation
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: