Join Dan Burke as he answers questions from listeners about forgiving others, prayers during suffering and the Holy Spirit.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Is it right to pray for God’s judgment on someone who caused us injustice?
- How can we pray during suffering and avoid despair?
- Why do some people resist the Holy Spirit?
- Are prayers during suffering, when you do not feel engaged in prayer, reaching God? Is God pleased with these prayers even though your mind and heart are distracted?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Matthew 5:43-48 “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you…” – USCCB Bible Link
- Fighting for Your Marriage by Howard Markman, Scott Stanley, and Susan Blumberg
- Unbound by Neal Lozano
- 1 Corinthians 12, Gifts of the Spirit – USCCB Bible Link
- 1 Corinthians 14, Gifts of the Spirit – USCCB Bible Link
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, our co-hosts Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!