What does it mean to be called to a contemplative prayer life? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Dr. Anthony Lilles about the book Elizabeth of the Trinity: A Life of Praise to God to discover the riches hidden in the wisdom of St. Elizabeth of the Trinity.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Why did Dr. Lilles choose to focus his doctoral work on St. Elizabeth of the Trinity?
- Who is Sister Giovanna Della Croce and why are her writings about St. Elizabeth important?
- What is unique about St. Elizabeth of the Trinity?
- Why did the Church wait until recently to recognize the importance of her life and writings?
- What is the importance of focusing on all three persons of the Trinity during prayer?
- What is contemplation? What is her approach to contemplation? Is contemplation intended for lay men and women as well as religious brothers and sisters?
- St. Elizabeth did not experience ecstasies or raptures in prayer. Are these psychological experiences necessary during contemplative prayer?
- How can St. Elizabeth’s writings help listeners transform their prayer lives to become more intimate with each person of the Trinity?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Elizabeth of the Trinity: A Life of Praise to God by Sr. Giovanna Della Croce, O.C.D.
- Text “summit2018” to 38470 for $50 off registration to The Summit Event, July 13 – 15, 2018 in Hanceville, Alabama.
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends and family about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: