How can we make the home a place of peace and prayer? Today, Dan and Melissa discuss the book The Little Oratory: A Beginner’s Guide to Praying in the Home with author Leila Lawler to help families orient their lives to Christ.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is an oratory?
- How should one go about setting up his or her prayer space?
- Is a prayer corner or space expensive?
- What does it mean to develop a regular, daily prayer life and how can the oratory help?
- Why is the Liturgy of the Hours important?
- How should our lives reflect the liturgical year?
- What does the liturgy have to do with family prayer life?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- The Little Oratory by Leila Lawler and David Clayton
- likemotherlikedaughter.org website for Leila Lawler
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: