Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they answer your questions about ascetical theology, spiritual direction, and dealing with distractions in prayer.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is ascetical theology?
- What is the difference between ascetical theology and mystical theology?
- What are the three phases of the spiritual life according to St. Teresa of Avila and St. John of the Cross?
- Is it a good idea to connect with a spiritual director remotely if you cannot be physically present when meeting with him or her?
- What is the best way to find a spiritual director?
- How can we avoid distractions in prayer?
- SpiritualDirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Navigating the Interior Life by Dan Burke
- Spiritual Dictionary
- Heart of Christ Spiritual Direction Program – website
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: