A Mind at Peace:
Reclaiming an Ordered Soul in the Age of Distraction
Description: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they offer solutions to our culture’s technologically obsessed world by speaking with Dr. Christopher Blum about his book A Mind at Peace: Reclaiming an Ordered Soul in the Age of Distraction.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What was the inspiration/motivation for the book?
- How does technology increase anxiety? How does it detract from the spiritual life?
- Why is the book set up in three sections?
- What is the best way for readers to use this book?
- How can we take custody of our hearts and minds according to the Church?
- Is A Mind at Peace a work of philosophy, theology, psychology, spirituality, or all of these fields combined?
- How would you characterize the peace that one can attain from the book?
- What does it mean to be in the world but not of the world?
- Which spiritual writers influenced the book most heavily?
- Does the book offer a technique in achieving interior peace?
- Could one use an app or other device to help determine how much social media time is enough in the course of the day?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- A Mind at Peace by Dr. Christopher Blum
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: