Prayer, God’s Will, and Helping the Suffering
Description: Today Dan and Melissa answer your questions about helping others in need, discerning God’s will, and prayer.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What can we say to those who are undergoing devastating suffering and how can we help them?
- Is there a dichotomy between St. Augustine’s admonition to “Love God and do what you will” and St. Ignatius’ rule of discernment which says, “Do not act until one has absolute clarity that it is the will of God”?
- “Love God and do what you will” implies that one who loves God and his will is oriented to God’s will and acts in accord with His will in peace and clarity.
- When choosing between two situations or actions that are both good, St. Ignatius advises us to discern where the inspiration for these actions comes from. Where does the inspiration for these actions come from?
- If a person talks to Jesus all day long outside of scheduled prayer time, is that considered prayer?
- How advanced do we need to be spirituality before we become involved in a ministry position in our parish?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: