Topics/Questions covered during the show:
- How does “the prayer of quiet” or silence differ from “the prayer of simplicity”?
- What are the affects of “the prayer of quiet”?
- What is it like to experience “the prayer of quiet”?
- What does it mean to enter into a more passive type of prayer?
- What are some problematic teachings about passivity in prayer?
- Should we try to suppress our thoughts during prayer?
- Is it selfish to spend your prayer time contemplating God instead of using that time for praying for others?
- Should we rest or relax during “the prayer of quiet”?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Finding God through Meditation edited by Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: