Description: Today Dan and Melissa answer your questions about sharing spiritual experiences and focusing the mind in prayer.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Why do we share our spiritual experiences on the air?
- Why did St. Teresa of Avila mask her personal experiences and make it seem as though they were happening to someone else?
- Why do some well-meaning Christians imply that we think too much during prayer?
- Should we “empty our minds” in prayer?
- How do we avoid distractions in prayer?
- What should be our focus during prayer?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: