Description: When faced with difficulty choosing her vocation, Celine leans on the wisdom of her sister, St. Thérèse, to help discern God’s will in her life. Today, Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles discuss how God works with our humanity to bring about holiness.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What does this letter tell us about St. Thérèse?
- Is St. Thérèse suggesting that once Celine conforms her will to God’s, He will then conduct Himself differently?
- What does St. Thérèse mean by having something “too human in our affection”?
- When speaking of her relationship with her sister, what does St. Thérèse mean when she says,”the foundation of the affection is too pure for Him to break”?
- Would it be wrong to seek a relationship with God for the purpose of self-fulfillment? Would that be considered selfish?
Resources for this week’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: