Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Reflections on the pure, unconditional, personal love with which the Creator formed each, unique human being.
- A life filled with earthly wealth may lead to comfort, but a humble life oriented to God will lead to peace and eternal joy.
- What prayerful solution can you offer for a person who gets distracted in prayer easily?
- Jesus suggests that we go into a small, remote space to pray (cf Matthew 6:6).
- Establishing a consistent prayer time each day programs our bodies and minds to be still during this time.
- Practicing Lectio Divina helps lessen distractions.
- Do not simply sit in silence if you are at a beginning stage in prayer.
Resources for this week’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: