Description: This week Dan, Melissa and Dr. Lilles discuss meaning through the mystery of suffering and the importance of a charitable response to this reality.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How can trials and difficulties help detach us from earthly things?
- How can we talk to people who are suffering about the mystery of suffering being a grace or blessing for the soul?
- While we are in the midst of great suffering, how can we act with love? What does that mean exactly?
- How can we truly help those who do not understand the “joys” of suffering?
- What does St. Thérèse mean when she says, “I shall not fear [God’s] strikes”?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. — please leave your name, location, and question.
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show: