How to Navigate the Channels of Discovery Prayer or Lectio Divina
Description: Dan and Melissa discuss how to navigate the channels of discovery prayer (or Lectio Divina) and how to best deal with various situations that arise in prayer.
Topics/Questions covered on the show:
- If your prayer time has ended, what should you do if you are not finished with all five steps of discovery prayer?
- While praying, if the Lord blesses you with a consolation and your prayer time is complete, what should you do?
- If you are having a consolation, should you move on to complete the steps of discovery prayer or rest with the consolation?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: