Description: This week Dan and Melissa lay out the importance of making a solemn commitment to God as a step to building a successful prayer life.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How do we discern God’s voice from our own during prayer?
- How can we add spiritual reading to a busy schedule?
- Why is making a solemn commitment to God important in the spiritual life?
- What is the best way to go about making this commitment?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Imitation of Christ by Thomas à Kempis
- Self-Abandonment to Divine Providence by Father J.P. Caussade, S.J.
- Soul of the Apostolate by Jean-Baptiste Chautard, O.C.S.O.
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: