The Strength of the Enemy vs the Power of Prayer
How strong is the enemy? Today Dan and Melissa discuss strength and weakness when faced with temptation from the enemy and how it relates to the active prayer life and the power of prayer.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is Saint Teresa of Avila’s advice about the tactics the enemy uses to dissuade those beginning to establish a prayer life?
- Cooperation with God’s grace is essential in establishing a prayer life.
- Saint Francis de Sales warns us that it is dangerous to receive a gift from God and ignore it.
- Saint Thérèse of Lisieux says that “A soul in the state of grace has nothing to fear from demons, who are cowards, capable of fleeing before the gaze of a little child.”
- Saint Ignatius suggests that we must be strong against the attacks of the enemy and resist temptations.
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- The Discernment of Spirits by Father Timothy Gallagher, O.M.V.
- The Autobiography of Saint Teresa of Avila
- The Story of a Soul – The Autobiography of Saint Therese of Lisieux
- Fire from Above by Dr. Anthony Lilles
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: