Description: This week, Dan and Melissa discuss Discernment of Spirits: Rule 7. This seventh rule encourages the soul seeking God to resist any agitations put forth by the enemy.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Seventh Rule. “The seventh: Let him who is in desolation consider how the Lord has left him in trial in his natural powers, in order to resist the different agitations and temptations of the enemy; since he can with the Divine help, which always remains to him, though he does not clearly perceive it: because the Lord has taken from him his great fervor, great love and intense grace, leaving him, however, grace enough for eternal salvation.”
- How can we resist the agitations sent by the enemy to draw us away from forming a relationship with Christ?
- If I do not feel God’s presence, does that mean He has abandoned me in my desolation?
- Will God rescue me from my desolation?
- How do I recognize God’s presence during spiritual desolation?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- The Discernment of Spirits by Father Timothy Gallagher, O.M.V.
- Fire from Above by Dr. Anthony Lilles
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: