Spiritual Reading, Better Prayer Life
30 Days w/Teresa of Avila
Days 13 & 14
Follow the example of St. Teresa of Avila. Today’s show focuses on overcoming faults with spiritual direction and improving prayer life with spiritual reading. Listen to a discussion of the letters of St. Teresa from the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is “false humility”? How do we recognize it?
- Why would someone want to exaggerate their own imperfections?
- We can move closer to true humility with the aid of good spiritual direction.
- How understanding of sound theology is related to our spiritual life.
- Some examples of sound theological works for spiritual reading.
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles
- The Sinners Guide – Venerable Luis de Granada
- The Spiritual Combat & A Treatise on Peace of Soul – Dom Lorenzo Scupoli
- Finding God Through Meditation – St. Peter of Alcántara
- Catechism of the Catholic Church – for online version click here
- EWTN Religious Catalog – online
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729 — please leave your name, location, and question.
- Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life.