Dan and Melissa look at advancing against the gates of hell, embracing suffering, and the inspiration of Mother Angelica as they reflect on letters from St. Teresa in the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Some historical context of the letters and great works of St. Teresa of Avila.
- St. Teresa’s understanding of what happens when we go into “enemy territory” – a reflection on Matthew 16:18.
- Knowing God by embracing suffering. Don’t let your suffering be in vain.
- The value of love which is tested by sacrifice.
- How to deal with the suffering of the people we love in a positive way.
- Are trials and suffering necessary in order to move forward? A look at the story of Mother Angelica and the founding of EWTN as an example.
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles, Emmaus Road Publishing
- Dr. Anthony Lilles – https://spiritualdirection.com/author/dr-lilles
- SpiritualDirection.com Book Club
- Finding God Through Meditation – St. Peter of Alcantara – Dan Burke
- Matthew 16 – http://www.usccb.org/bible/matthew/16
- Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun – Raymond Arroyo
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729 — please leave your name, location and question.
Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life.