Humility and Confidence
Humility Part 2
Dan and Melissa continue their discussion on humility in “Humility and Confidence”; in particular how humility does not lower but instead elevates the soul.
- Signs we lack humility: St. Josemaría Escrivá provides some insightful diagnostics.
- Recognizing all the good we have is a gift from God.
- False humility – many of us are guilty.
- We often worry too much what others think. Do you take your confession outside of your parish?
- Navigating the Interior Life offers a self-evaluation to gain an understanding of our root sin, and instruction in using the opposing virtue to overcome it.
- Meditation #108 from Divine Intimacy – “Christian humility does not lower, it elevates; it does not cast down but gives courage…”
- St. Paul tells us when he is weak, he is made strong. When a soul recognizes its weakness, it becomes irresistible to God.
- Sister Mary is an example of humility. A cloistered nun of 40 years humbles herself to take a course on prayer and acknowledges there was still something she could learn about praying.
- Jesus offers the ultimate example of humility, from the Incarnation to the washing of the disciples’ feet.
- God gives us a gift in withholding intimacy until we become humble.
- Divine Intimacy by Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen –
- Navigating the Interior Life – Spiritual Direction and the Journey to God
- Litany of Humility
- For call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s books, Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: