Hundreds of you have read and responded with excitement about our new Spiritual Direction book club supported by our cast of amazing volunteers. A priest wrote in yesterday and asked an important question, “How do I participate?” Once you have registered, there are only three things to do, 1) Prepare, 2) Read, 3) Respond.
Here’s a bit more detail on how to get started:
- Read the first post announcing the club for more background on our book club leader and the program in general.
- If you have not already done so, subscribe to the Catholic Spiritual Direction site posts by entering your email in the “Subscribe Free Via Email” in the column to the right of this post (if you receive daily email updates from the site, you have already done this).
- IMPORTANT: Send a quick email to RCSpiritualDirection@gmail.com so we can send specific updates and resources for club members. Use “Book Club” in the subject line. In the body of the email, please indicate the city and state or country you live in. If you are a priest or religious, please indicate as such along with your parish or order/movement or prelature information as well.
- Acquire and read the selected book according to the schedule Vicki provides.
- Respond to book club posts and interact with the other readers as they dig deeper into their faith. This will all happen in the comment boxes of the posts. We may also provide some online interactive abilities in the future but you must complete step three above in order to get updates about these special events.
It really is just that simple!
Vicki will send you a post on Tuesday of this week which will outline the first reading and other important items.
We are looking forward to serving you in this new adventure!
Read more: Previous Book Club Posts