Join us for this episode of Divine Intimacy Radio “Hearing God in Mental Prayer” in which we answer user-submitted questions about mental prayer!
If you would like to see the special live audience Q&A which takes place after the show is over, make sure to watch the video above!
(Live audience Q&A is edited out of the podcast audio due to time restraints and can only be seen on video.)
The questions answered on today’s show:
“My wife says that when she has tried mental prayer, she never hears God. She expects Him to speak like he is sitting next to her. How would you describe to her what it is like when “God speaks”?
“Can you give advice on dealing with the awkwardness or feeling of isolation when there is a barrier to sharing prayer life with spouse?”
“Is it common for most of us to “overthink” how to have a relationship with Jesus? My director uses the comment to me often…”Just enjoy being with Jesus”.”
“How do Lectio Divina and mental prayer compare?”
“I have a lot of trouble visualizing what I’m reading in the gospels. What can I do to help me “enter into” the gospel scene instead of simple reading it?”
- Into the Deep – Dan Burke
- Spiritual Warfare and the Discernment of Spirits – Dan Burke
- The Contemplative Rosary App (phones and tablets only)
- Avila-Institute.org/events – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Apostoli Viae – website
- Sophia Institute – website
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).