In anticipation of the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows, the Avila Foundation and community of Apostoli Viae will be praying the following Novena to Mary under this title. Please join us if you can, beginning on September 7th, the eve of the Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and ending on September 15, the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows. The novena in its entirety can be found here:
If you’d like to pray the Novena and Rosary to Our Lady of Sorrows nightly, we will be doing so beginning on September 7th, at 7 pm CST. Please click this link to register for the meetings:
Our Intentions – Please join us in offering this novena up:
- For the protection, encouragement, and lifting up of the voices and leadership of all faithful priests, deacons religious, bishops, cardinals, and laity in the Church who fully embrace and seek to live out the teachings of Jesus and His Church.
- In reparation for sins committed by the laity, priests, deacons, and religious against the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament and during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
- In reparation for rampant and grave liturgical abuses and related sins of persecution and disobedience to canon law, and Church teaching and tradition in reaction to the Covid-19 outbreak.
- For the call to repentance to all involved in violence against Jesus through the rejection or false teaching in all matters related to the authentic magisterium of the Church.
- In reparation for sins committed against the people of God by those in power in the Church – particularly the gravest sins of sexual abuse and any abuse of power.
- For the violence in the United States to end and that those who seek to advance an agenda contrary to Church teaching (socialism, marxism, occultism) would be seen in the fullness of their demonic agendas and rejected by the majority of Americans in the upcoming elections.
Image: Our Lady of Sorrows for Holy Week 2020, by Spanish artist Jorge Gallego, used with permission of the artist