Join Dan and Stephanie Burke as they answer your questions about spiritual desolation, suffering, the prayer of quiet, consistency in prayer, lectio divina and more.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- How can we avoid getting discouraged during a period of desolation?
- How does one suffer well? How can we offer up our suffering?
- When exactly does the Holy Spirit initiate the “prayer of quiet” during our prayer time?
- Should we attempt to keep a consistent prayer time if our hours at work change frequently, or should we simply pray when we have the opportunity?
- What are the warning signs that we are starting to drift in prayer?
- Is lectio divina a form of mental prayer?
- What is Apostoli Viae?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- The Discernment of Spirits by Fr. Timothy Gallagher, S.J.
- The Sacrament of the Present Moment by Fr. Jean-Pierre De Caussade, S.J.
- Searching for and Maintaining Peace by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- www.apostoliviae.org – Apostoli Viae website
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).