Join Dan and Stephanie Burke as they answer your questions about contemplative prayer, practicing the presence of God, living out a holy marriage, and performing penance.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What is contemplative prayer?
- What is the best way to practice the presence of God?
- When someone is in an unequally yoked marriage, how can they best reach out to their spouse and live out their faith to make sure the children understand the importance of prayer and love of God?
- Can one reach the contemplative state without performing serious penance?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Navigating the Interior Life by Dan Burke
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- Into the Deep by Dan Burke
- Is Centering Prayer Catholic? by Connie Rossini
- The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence of the Resurrection
- Finding God through Meditation Edited by Dan Burke
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: