Do Catholics really worship statues and live by rituals? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson in part five of their interview with Dr. Gerard Verschuuren about his book, Forty Anti-Catholic Lies to debunk these myths.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Do Catholics worship statues?
- Why did the Catholic Church include statues and stained glass in the its churches?
- What are icons and why are they important to Catholics, especially the Eastern rites?
- Do Catholics live by rituals?
- What are rituals and why is there a negative connotation associated with rituals?
- Rituals are required in the Old Testament.
- Are rituals ever empty of meaning and purpose?
- What is the difference between rituals and routine?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Forty Anti-Catholic Lies by Dr. Gerard Verschuuren
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).