Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they answer questions from listeners about transitioning from the purgative way to the illuminative way, recognizing sin, and the importance of mental prayer.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- How do you know if you’re making the transition between the purgative and illuminative way?
- How do we know if we are committing mortal or venial sin?
- If we had to choose between going to Mass, praying mental prayer, and the rosary, which is most important?
- Should you pray while doing other tasks?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Prayer Primer by Fr. Thomas Dubay
- Time for God by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Is Centering Prayer Catholic? by Connie Rossini
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- Into the Deep by Dan Burke
- Text “get” to 38470 for an examination of conscience
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, your location, and your question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week our co-hosts Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends and your family about the show and help us to get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: