Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson in part 2 of a listener question and answer forum on frequent confession and the importance of confessing venial sins.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Why does Venerable Pope Pius XII speak so strongly in favor of making frequent confessions of venial sin in his encyclical Mystici Corporis Christi?
- What is devotional confession?
- What is a reasonable request for confession?
- How often is “frequent” when speaking of confession?
- What is scrupulosity and why is it detrimental to the spiritual life?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Divine Intimacy by Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen
- Mystici Corporis Christi – Encyclical of Venerable Pope Pius XII on the Mystical Body of Christ
- Pastoral Norms for the Administration of General Sacramental Absolution by the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
- Text “get” to 38470 for an Examination of Conscience
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week our co-hosts Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends and your family about the show and help us to get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: