Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they answer questions from listeners about the sacrament of reconciliation.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What differentiates the purgative, illuminative, and unitive stages of the interior life?
- Why must one go to confession if he or she is detached from habitual mortal and venial sin?
- What is the purpose or benefit of confessing venial sins frequently?
- What argument does Venerable Pope Pius XII make in favor of frequently confessing venial sins in his encyclical Mystici Corporis Christi?
- When one reaches the “active night of the senses,” is he or she free from habitual venial sin?
- Is is possible to be truly free from attachment to habitual mortal and venial sin?
- What should one do if he or she leaves the confessional feeling attacked, judged, or neglected?
- Should we go to a regular confessor to benefit most from confession?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Divine Intimacy by Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen
- Mystici Corporis Christi – Encyclical of Venerable Pope Pius XII on the Mystical Body of Christ
- Deliverance Prayers: For Use by the Laity by Fr. Chad Ripperger, PhD
- Text “get” to 38470 for an Examination of Conscience
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week our co-hosts Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends and your family about the show and help us to get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: