What’s wrong with leaving Mass after communion? Join Dan Burke and his co-host Melissa Elson today as they speak with liturgy expert Christopher Carstens to discuss the best response to the dismissal.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What is the significance of the dismissal at Mass?
- To what degree will we be changed spiritually if we open our hearts and minds to Jesus as we receive Him in the Eucharist?
- What is the benefit of preparing for the different parts of the Mass and truly understanding the meaning behind each word and action of the priest and the faithful?
- How can we experience the riches of the Mass more fully on a week-to-week basis?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- A Devotional Journey into the Mass by Christopher Carstens
- Adoremus Bulletin
- The Liturgy Guys – podcast
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: