Why is the Eucharistic Prayer one of the most active times during the liturgy? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Christopher Carstens to discuss how the faithful become bridge builders along with the priest to offer up our sacrifices during the Mass.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What do the faithful misunderstand most about participating in the Eucharistic Prayer?
- How is the congregation called to participate during the Eucharistic Prayer?
- Does praying in the vernacular assist the faithful in their participation in the Eucharistic Prayer?
- What is the meaning of the term “pontifex”?
- Why are the faithful considered “pontifex minimus”?
- Why does the priest ask God to “accept” his sacrifice and ours rather than to “take” it?
- What can we do on a practical level to implement this participation in the Mass in a more meaningful way?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- A Devotional Journey into the Mass by Christopher Carstens
- Adoremus Bulletin
- The Liturgy Guys – podcast
- Presentation on Sacred Music by Fr. Cassian Folsom, O.S.B.
- “The Avila Summit” Information and Registration
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: