Why are youth ministry programs failing to make lifelong disciples of our young people? Join Melissa Elson as she speaks with Everett Fritz about his book The Art of Forming Young Disciples to discover how we can change our youth programs to effectively impact the next generation of Catholics.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What was the motivation to write this book?
- What are some current approaches to youth ministry?
- Specifically, what is the “Sermon on the Mount” approach?
- What are the five basic needs of teenagers today?
- Why are Catholic schools failing in their formation of young people?
- What should youth programs look like in our parishes?
- Why is the need for guidance so important for teenagers?
- How difficult is it to start small group ministry at our parishes?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- The Art of Forming Young Disciples by Everett Fritz
- Text “summit2018” to 38470 for $50 off registration to The Avila Summit Event, July 13 – 15, 2018 in Hanceville, Alabama.
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, radio host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: