Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Christopher Carstens to discuss participation in the liturgy and the beauty of the opening prayer (or collect) of the Mass.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What is the sacramental principle?
- What is mystagogy?
- Why is the opening prayer of the Mass so important?
- What should be happening during the opening prayer?
- How is it possible that a God that doesn’t need us thirsts for us and longs for us?
- What does it mean to bring our prayers forward as an offering to God during the opening prayer?
- Why is the opening prayer called the “collect”?
- Why is silence important during the Mass?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- A Devotional Journey into the Mass by Christopher Carstens
- Adoremus Bulletin
- The Liturgy Guys – podcast
- “The Avila Summit” Information and Registration
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, your location, and your question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: