Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with John Johnson, Associate Director of the Avila Institute, about how the faithful can endure and overcome difficulties in the liturgy in our time.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- How do we constructively face and overcome challenges in our parishes when the liturgy is contrary to the teachings of the Church?
- How do these challenging experiences at Mass, to some degree, reflect Jesus’ road to Calvary?
- Can the Lord draw us into a powerful, prayerful experience at Mass amidst the chaos?
- How can we overcome the culturally induced mindset that the Mass should be entertaining?
- These experiences can be a kind of suffering that we can offer to Christ.
- How have liturgical abuses caused men to have a decreased faith life?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- “The Avila Summit” Information and Registration
- Text “summit2018” to 38470 to save $50 on registration for The Avila Summit.
- A Devotional Journey into the Mass by Christopher Carstens
- Litany of the Most Blessed Sacrament by St. Peter Julian Eymard, Founder of the Blessed Sacrament Fathers
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week our co-hosts Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends and your family about the show and help us to get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: