Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Connie Rossini about contemplative prayer and aridity.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is contemplative aridity?
- How do you know that you are experiencing contemplative aridity?
- How should you respond to God when you are called to this state of prayer?
- How is contemplative prayer different from centering prayer?
- What happens during the simplicity and silence of contemplative prayer?
- How should we respond if prayer is no longer as effective at home as in the adoration chapel?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Is Centering Prayer Catholic? by Connie Rossini
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- Contemplative Homeschool – website for Connie Rossini
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace through Prayer by Dan Burke
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: